Welcome to the Sideline Sisters blog, where we share essential tips, tricks, and tools we’ve found for growing a successful Network Marketing business.
When was the last time you received a hand-written thank you note? How did it make you feel? I know that one of the things that impressed me so much about my sponsor into my business was that she consistently sent me hand-written notes. Sometimes it was a simple thank you for an order; sometimes just to say hello and keep in touch. It meant a lot to me that I knew I was on her mind and meant enough to her to take the time and effort to send me “snail mail”.
Today I want to outline some of my favorite ways to show generosity through your business—not only does it make your client or team member feel good, but it really makes YOU feel good, and shows that you are a person of integrity and caring.
- Write a thank you note—Like I said above, this can have huge impact, and it is so easy to do. Grab some thank you cards from your local dollar or discount store, and write a quick note to let your client or teammate know you’re thinking of them. The goodwill this builds is priceless—much more valuable than the price of a stamp!
- Donate to charitable causes—find something that really speaks to your passion and give of your time, money or products. Most non-profits hold fundraisers throughout the year that will require items for auction, for example, and your product could be the perfect item for them to raise money with!
- Add in free samples or services to client orders—this is a no brainer. Sell cosmetics? Add in a lipstick sample to your bag when you deliver their order. Sell a service? Offer to give them 30 minutes of your time for free. Get creative; there are many ways to add value to what you already provide your clients.
- Send birthday/anniversary cards—just like sending thank you notes, this little bit of attention to detail can add up to your client and team feeling very special.
- Offer special “client only” sales opportunities—again, if it’s within your business structure to offer special discounts or complementary pampering sessions or consulting time, DO IT. Not only just for your best clients, but for the people who may only purchase a little bit from your business. You never know who they may refer to you in the future!
- Give TIME to your team—whether it’s 1-on-1 coaching or a team BBQ, giving of your time and experience to your team can only help your entire organization grow.
- Offer this business opportunity!— If you’re not thinking about your offering your business as one of the most generous acts you may perform in your life, then you need to think again! You probably know from personal experience how much your life has grown and changed and improved since getting into network marketing. Why not share that same amazing opportunity with others? Invite people to coffee, share with them with an open heart, and give them a chance to see how much this industry can change their lives. You’re doing them a favor.
I hope this gives you some great ideas to start implementing in your business and life today! If you have any other ways you like to show generosity, post in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you!